Thursday, July 17, 2008

Spinach Strawberry Salad

2 bags fresh spinach
1 pt. fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup walnuts, chopped (I substituted roasted sliced almonds)
Dressing:
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp minced onion (I used white)
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 cup oil
1 Tbsp poppy seeds (next time I will use a bit less than this-ended up with many in my teeth!)
1/4 tsp Wochestershire sauce
1/4 cup vinegar (I used apple cider)
Toss spinach, strawberries and nuts together in a large bowl. Mix all dressing ingredients together and pour over spinach mixture. Toss lightly and serve. It is best to pour dressing on just before serving.

I got this recipe from the Hearts at Home e-newsletter. They have more on eCommunity Recipe Forum! Also discovered a great foodie site called Kitchen Confit.
So check them out! Oh and P.S., on that cobbler recipe I posted previously: the original recipe called for two types of flour for the topping ingredients, but I used just regular unbleached. Another option was to put toasted nuts on the top, so yum-o! Now, I must quit eating and enjoy the sun!

No comments: