Thursday, December 4, 2008

28Thirty Sweater Finished

While indoor lighting isn't the best, here it is. This is the 28Thirty pattern by Zephyr knits. I used 4 skeins of Cascade 220 superwash wool in a loden green on a size 8 circular needle. Knit from the top down, sleeves knit last with magic loop method. Shown with collar flipped down. A little white show-through from my shirt underneath. This looks dark. It is very dark loden. Almost looks dark grey. Depends on the light. I think the superwash 220 is a little lighter weight and stretchier than I expected it to be. I liked that after blocking I could tumble it lightly in the dryer.
These are some views of front and showing waist shaping that I improvised.

8 buttons were required. I added several more inches to the length of the body than original pattern called for, and made the cuffs shorter.
I decreased every 5th row on the arms after knitting 6 inches down in stockinette from armpit. The purled ridges on the sleeves I stopped at the armpits. The collar can be flipped up or down.

Wore it for the first time tonight to "knit night"! Temps are dropping here so just in time for winter! Would consider doing again in the originally called for Peace Fleece wool or another heavier wool than the superwash. I really do like it and it is a versatile color. Learned alot!

2 comments:

Beatriz said...

You're averaging one sweater per month, Jeannine. This looks really warm and the fit is great.

Jeannine said...

Ha ha! I am on a sweater kick! It is hard to stop!