Monday, December 22, 2008

Let it Snow!

Began the Violette Le Duc by Norah Gaughan. This is the edge of the back. It will require one back piece, two fronts, two sleeves and then adding on collars and seaming. Much more work than a topdown! So far I have learned a new stitch. Slip one with Yarn in Back,(Sl 1 WYIB) purl, repeat with the Contrast Color (CC),...and it makes a nice decorative stitch...
Before and after shots of the snow on our deck....it's going to be a white Christmas here. Our city isn't as equipped for big snows like the eastern cities. So schools have been shut down since last Wednesday.

As it appears this morning-maybe a foot and a half? Not sure! Most I've seen in awhile. We are enjoying having heat and food, and hubby is able to get to work OK in his truck.

Since I am not going outside, it's time to KNIT ON!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the snow pics...ours is all gone!:(

Can't wait to see that Nora!!! Very pretty! How is the Inca Gold?

I'm on the sleeve finishing of the Loppem...I'm bound and determined to finish this. I must of done something different on the sleeves because I don't have that edge...so going to make an edge and make it look like the pic!:)

Have a wonderful, blessed Christmas!

Beatriz said...

The snow pics are so beautiful. I'd stay home and knit too if there was a foot and a half of snow outside. Have a blessed Christmas and thank you for the annual family photo. I really appreciate you keeping in touch.