Here I am shown trying on the cardigan before doing any blocking on seams or adding buttons. In 94 degree weather! Whew! What a day to be finishing a wool sweater! HOT! We have NO Air Conditioning here! It is pretty small on me in the middle which I knew it would be. I could possibly block it out or not worry about it and just not button it! I am holding it together here! HA!
Sewing in the sleeves was probably one of the hardest parts to get right. I had to pin them in first and be so careful. Also tricky was picking up the front stitches to do the button hole band. But the sleeve length turned out perfect! I learned alot of new skills on this sweater for sure! When you are working with piecing a striped sweater, it is a challenge to match the stripes. I tried to whenever possible to make it look the same on both sides. Sometimes it was impossible, and that's just the nature of this wool. I will go shopping for some cute buttons to go on it. Even if I never button them!
Twilleys of Stamford -Pattern from Freedom Spirit Book 455 (Pattern book and wool found at Knitty Purls in Langley, WA)
Wool in 506 "Air" colorway -7 skeins
Needles used: Sizes 5 and 7, circular
Longer version, size 36 bust. True fit was to be size 38, but I could have gone up one more size to allow for true fit due to close ribbing and style.
And now I will show you the jewelry I got to go with it a long time ago that has the blue, the khaki green in it -well you can kinda see- and the earrings match!
Very fun and rewarding to be almost finished. Can't wait until the weather cools off to wear it! Time to go watch Phelps swim again!