Monday, July 12, 2010

Lovely Lucille

Oh, it does appear I like green here, doesn't it? My "new" blog template is green, the new yarn is green! Such a pretty shade too. Do you like it? In the local yarn shop window, a lovely green baby sweater caught my eye. My sister and mom also loved it-great minds think alike! It was "Lucille", a free pattern. The sample was a size 0-3 mos. using 2 skeins. I will hopefully have plenty of yarn, using my size 2 needles. The Fibre Co.'s "Canopy" Fingering weight in "paw paw" green alpaca/merino/bamboo. It is SOFT!
A treat to have in your hands. The yoke is fairly easy. It will get down to some serious lace pattern pretty soon here. And then sleeves...stay tuned. For now, I am glad it cooled off some to give us a break from the heat.

6 comments:

knitterbeader said...

That is a very cute pattern, and I love the color of the yarn. I have some of the same yarn and making a lace scarf. I've got a Baby Kina sweater on the needles. I need to get back to work on it - maybe you'll be my inspiration.

Beatriz said...

Jeannine, you're so fast and prductive. And what a beautiful shade of green. I have to be really careful when choosing my greens. Unfortunately, it's not a good color for me. How I'd love to wear it, though.

Where the nodding violets grow said...

I love the colour of the yarn and the pattern is great. I look forward to seeing it.

Dawn said...

Love that color, looks so cuddly!

Sandee said...

I had to go print that pattern when I read your post. I am thinking of trying it too, but may opt for a simpler bottom half of the sweater. I think I have plenty of stash.

I just bought some really pretty green Mirasol Lachiwa: 60% Pima Cotton, 40% Linen. Last week they had it 20% off at VYT and am making the Moss Grid Handtowel from it. You would love the color.

Jeannine said...

Thanks, it should be a fun little knit for a future baby gift. The lace might be daunting or maybe it'll be easy...Sandee, good idea maybe modifying the lower portion. Might be much faster. It'll be fun to see what you come up with. It's soooo soft! Knitterbeader, I will look forward to seeing the baby Kina sweater. Hi Bea! I wish this sweater was for me! :)