Saturday, November 15, 2008

28Thirty Sweater Body


Shown after dropping sleeve stitches onto holders, and continuing down in stockinette stitch for the body of the sweater. Must keep in mind that a buttonhole goes in every 18th row. Note: the pattern has you put buttonholes on opposite side than you normally would. The purled ridges are cute up until this point, however I will do the sleeves from here on in stockinette stitch, until reaching the cuffs. This is a modification on the pattern which calls for you to do the purl ridge rows every 6th row all the way down the sleeves. My reasoning: I agree with some on Ravelry who say this gives the sweater a bit of a "Michelin Man" look, or an armadillo look (especially in the green color I have chosen!) A fun knit so far, and again, I am learning so much. This is my first topdown sweater. Advantages to doing a topdown are that you can try it on as you go and make adjustments if needed. It is a bit tight when tried on so far, however I have hopes it will stretch a bit when blocked and it is somewhat hard to try on with it on the needles!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Very cool, can't wait to see it on!