Tuesday, November 25, 2008

28Thirty Sweater Body and Sleeves

Shown here starting on the sleeves and trying out the Magic Loop method: using one long circular to knit a smaller circumference (in this case, a sleeve) in the round. This is my first time trying out this method. Another method would be using double circular needles. I have watched the tutorials on knittinghelp.com to see how. Basically these are done so that you don't have to do seaming at the end. Since it is knit from the top down, you can try it on as you go!
I will not be continuing with the purl ridges that are supposed to march down the sleeves past this point, as the pattern indicates. It will be straight stockinette until I get to the cuffs.
This is the body of the sweater with my modifications to the original pattern: I added several more inches of length and additonal buttonholes, as well as waist increases. I wanted it longer, rather than the cropped version. I am enjoying knitting along with other Ravelry folks and the help they provide!

2 comments:

Delaney's Duds said...

you are so speedy. Looks great!

Jeannine said...

I feel slllllllow on this one doing the sleeves ...it is cool to be able to try it on as I go though.