Thursday, April 29, 2010

And So We Begin Again

Shown after finishing yoke and upper sleeves, laying on a current sweater that fits me well.
Beginning the right front section:
So... beginning again on Helleborus Yoke sweater, I have decided to go down to a size 9 needle and do the yoke separately. Here is a side by side view of the OLD yoke front (right) next to the NEW yoke front (left). See the difference?: Here shown with beginnings of sleeve and the yoke on a stitch holder.

The plan is, to use a current sweater that fits me, as a "model" to plan this sweater's dimensions. I think it will work out much better on the smaller needle size. And I am also doing the size 38 this time, instead of the 43.5. That combined with a smaller needle size should help me out to get a closer fit. Looks like I will knit the fronts and backs and attach to the yoke. Was going to pick up and knit "down" but decided not to. I may be able to do it seamless on the sides, however. Haven't decided yet. It's a work in progress...

5 comments:

That's my middle name said...

you know what? It looks really good! At this gauge, the cables are crisper and pop better - there's more definition. And it will go even faster this time....

Jeannine said...

I think it does look better in the smaller size needle too. Thanks!
I am doing the yoke separately that way if I mess up, I don't have to rip out an "attached" body along with the cables!

Sandee said...

I have to agree with Middlename on her comment. Much better stitch definition at your new gauge.

Hey! my word verification is
"tramp"! :(

Miggsie said...

I agree with the others about the better stitch definition with smaller needles. Nice to see you cast on again and are not going to let this pattern get the better of you! Can't wait to see the finished sweater.

Jeannine said...

Thanks for rooting me on, ladies! I may never want to see another cable or moss stitch again-hope it's worth it! ha ha!