Friday, January 29, 2010

My Namesake's in Haiti

I stumbled upon a blogsite through Ravelry: Charlotte Lyons which led me to yet another blogsite: House Wren Studio where she speaks of this wonderful woman, Rebecca, a notable artist/crafter who has visited Haiti and met a Haitian woman with my name, Jeannine just prior to the Haiti earthquake. Jeannine loves to embroider, but is lacking in thread, and so Rebecca has set up instructions on her blog for donations on etsy at the Haiti by Hand shop for those who would like to contribute and help women like Jeannine in Haiti who were impacted by the earthquake,. They are women like us who love crafting. I thought I would pass it on to you here, for those who are interested. Though it was her name that caught my eye, it was Rebecca's description of the women that got me thinking...They are all women like us: concerned about their families and livelihood and who also love creating with their hands.

No comments: