Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baby Ella Jacket

I was able to see Ella wearing her jacket at the young age of 3 mos. This was taken by a co-worker on her phone and unfortunately I was not at work that day,but Ella was 8 mos. here. What a versatile pattern if it can be worn for so many months!
No greater joy than to give the baby jacket at the baby shower! The fortunate recipient also got handknit hat and booties by another knitter, as well as a handsewn quilt!
Ok, here's a photo of the back side of the sweater. But I don't know why it is going sideways. Probably my size of photo or layout...



Here's another sideways view of the completed Ella Baby Surprise (Modified) Jacket with buttons! Done in time for the baby shower in February. This is my second time doing this pattern and it's a fun one to complete. There are only two seams in the sweater done on the tops of the arms from the wrist to neck. A fascinating knit!

5 comments:

Sandee said...

Beautiful, of course! Is it possible for you to post a picture of the back of the sweater too? It's fun to see the directional changes in the yarn.

knitterbeader said...

It's beautiful Jeannine. Doesn't it feel wonderful to have it finished and ahead of time!

Jeannine said...

oh, good idea,never thought of posting the back, Sandee!
Thanks, in more ways than one to you, and thanks to knitterbeader too!

Marty said...

I walked into my local yarn shop the other day, and what did I spy? This baby jacket on display with a note that they were holding a class on it! Too funny! Won't do the class but I just might get the pattern.

Jeannine said...

Thanks for the post, Marty. Mine is a slight variation on the original pattern. Hope you enjoy doing this one!