Friday, July 24, 2009

Crochet Edging on Poppy

Shown here working on the crochet edging to finish off the neckline. Watched an easy tutorial on U-tube to do a Single Crochet Edge. Next to do will be the crochet edging on the hemline. Then I will seam in the sleeves and block this baby!

Shown here before doing any edging or sleeve seams. Since I changed my yarns multiple times for striping, it caused me much more work in weaving in the yarn ends. This was by choice and a variation on the original pattern which used much more Noro yarn in the yoke and sleeves, and did not require changing yarns as often. My Poppy Sweater is nearing completion! Just in time for another Seattle heatwave!


2 comments:

Dawn said...

Very pretty..love all the colors.

Sandee said...

"My Poppy Sweater is nearing completion! Just in time for another Seattle heatwave!"


LOL! That is how I feel about my February Lady Sweater. I just sewed on the buttons this week and it is way too hot to wear it.