Friday, April 15, 2011

It's Baby Shower Time

Finished the modified Baby Surprise Jacket in time for the baby shower this weekend of my dear neighbor's daughter. This is my third time making this one and it sure is a cute pattern.

Also made the modified Springtime Cardigan shown up close with the cute bear buttons. I made this into a vest version rather than long sleeved as in the pattern.


And finally had to try these Saartje's Bootees that I have seen and had in the queue for awhile from Ravelry. Everyone has done them it seems, but me! I just need some cute buttons for these now.


They were very fast to make and quite easy, however on the pattern instructions it fails to tell you to slip markers and make all your increases between the two markers. Otherwise, they are a breeze to make. Finished in no time flat!

3 comments:

Sandee said...

So very cute. I have tried those booties, but get messed up on the strap every time. I just gave up!

Jeannine said...

yeah the straps you have to sort of wing it at some point regarding the tail to leave for the little loop. Unless you do the fancy long tail cast on that leaves an extra tail. Or you could just attach the loop on afterwards.

Megan said...

Both of the baby sweaters are adorable! And the booties, too. I've had that bootie pattern in my queue for a long time, too, and will have to try it one of these days.