Edited to add: Pic after Best Friend Cardigan is drying and shaping up a bit. Still waiting on my buttons...
Arm seams are a bit funky... A pic with the first two buttons on the Best Friend Cardigan. And a pic of it as I am beginning to shape it and do the blocking. In the blocking process, I am able to even out the cables a bit.
Cleaning out our storage unit, I discovered my childhood craft creation of a paper mache pig....I see that at one point I did love lilac. Indeed I did love this pig. Lilac isn't so very bad after all. The cat seems to really like this color. She has never tried to play with my yarn until now, believe it or not. She wanted to lay on my bag of it.
Ok, here's the preview after many "mods." I am part of the "Mod Squad". I torture myself with "mods." I did the called for neckline, it was floppy. So I ripped it out and put in a K2 P2 neckline with fewer picked up stitches.
Due to my smaller gauge and guesswork on the sleeves, I had too many stitches at the shoulder and will need to rip this out and reduce the amout of stitches for the sleeve cap.
Here's the "changed" neckline in the K2 P2 ribbing.
And again a "mod": I knit the called for K2 P2 on the hem, but it pulled in weirdly with my gauge yarn, so I took out and knit on a garter stitch band on instead. Definitely needs some TLC and some blocking help.